Saturday, March 10, 2012

Perpetually Lovely: Review and Swatch of L'oreal Infallible 24 Hour Eyeshadow in 555 Perpetual Purple

The new L'oreal eyeshadows (calling them the L'oreal Infallible 24 Hour Eyeshadows is going to get really old, really fast) have been getting a lot of hype recently, along with the Maybelline Color Tattoo cream eyeshadows (none of which I've picked up yet, sadly) and the Revlon Lip Butters. I have a review on a Revlon Lip Butter in the works. However, on the topic of this eyeshadow. I'm going to come out and say it - I'm simply going to add my voice to the hyped up masses of beauty bloggers who love this eyeshadow line. Of course, I've only tried the one color. But if the other colors are as amazing as this one is, I'll soon be well on my way to owning the entire line.





Okay, see the little plastic cap? Notice how it says "DO NOT DISCARD" on it? Yeah, follow the instructions and don't throw it away. The cap keeps the shadow firmly pressed and helps to prevent it from drying out. This product is pretty original. It's a cream/powder eyeshadow hybrid, somehow. It applies very smoothly, and it has fabulous pigmentation going on. It's a pressed powder eyeshadow, but somehow it feels very creamy to the touch. I've got really no idea how they did it, but trust me when I say that it is somehow a cream/powder hybrid. It's just really, really cool! Here's a swatch:



As you can see, it's a deep purple eggplant color. You can't tell in this photo, but it has a bit of blue and purple glitter in it, although not enough to make it tacky. It applies very smoothly. There's been a bit of confusion in the blogosphere over how to apply these. Some say to use a sponge tipped applicator, some say your finger, some say an eyeshadow brush. Personally, I just use my finger to apply these. This and my MUFE Aqua Cream are the only products I apply with my finger - I feel it's a bit unsanitary, which is why I really try to steer clear of skincare products that come in tubs. I like squeeze tubes much better.

Anyway, product packaging tangent aside, I really love this product!
Rating: 5/5

The color is stunning - I like to put Wet N Wild Nutty all over my lid and this shade in my crease for a quick look that I can throw together. I can also use it to smoke out a look if I need to - the shade can be layered for greater intensity. Or I can just pop it on as an allover lid color. I should try using it wet sometime, I wonder if it could be used as a liner? The price is great as well! The quality is really great for a relatively low, drugstore price! Anyway, this product has earned a very solid rating in my book, it's just overall fantabulous! I will be extremely tempted to pick up more eyeshadows from this range next time I stop by the drugstore!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...