Friday, April 27, 2012

The New Lippie in Town: Review of Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Pur Couture Vernis À Lèvres Glossy Stain in 15 Rose Vinyl

I've been lemming this for a while, and finally picked it up during the VIB sale at Sephora. It's a lip gloss/lipstick/lipstain hybrid, relatively new. I got it in the color 15 Rose Vinyl, which is a cooler toned watermelon pink. Anyway, on to the review and some pictures!








Can I just say, I luuuuurve the packaging here. This is my first YSL purchase, and I was expecting a lot in terms of packaging. This definitely delivered! It looks luxurious, and feels luxurious to hold. The gold cap and the black main compartment complement each other, and I love that you can see what color it is through the small rectangle, which means you can also see how much is left. You don't have to check the bottom every time to see what color is in the mysterious black compartment. Love the outer packaging! 
Here's what the applicator looks like: 






The applicator has a wide-ish flat, slanted tip. THIS. IS. FABULOUS. The person who came up with this must be a genius, because this applicator makes applying this product so ridiculously easy. It fits the shape of my lips perfectly. I don't think I can even emphasize how much I love this applicator, because it pretty much can't fit in a blog post.


Okay, on to the rest of the review. The color is very pigmented. It's a cool-toned blueish based pink watermelon color. The arm swatch below is more accurate than the lip swatch above, my camera was being funky when I did the lip swatch.


The staying power is really good, about 6 hours! Which is fantastic on me, since lip products tend to fade pretty quickly on me compared to the average person. However, there is a pretty ugly lipline left after a meal unless you eat carefully. The staying power of the glossiness is about 3 or 4 hours, which is absolutely fantastic for a gloss. Most lipsticks barely last that long on me, and glosses are known for fading a lot faster. Once the glossiness fades, there's still a lovely stain left that fades fairly evenly throughout the day, although I sometimes do have a faint lipline at the end of the day.

Rating: 5/5

The packaging and formula of this product are fantastic, and the applicator is just absolutely GENIUS! Love this product!
Don't forget to enter my giveaway!

6 comments:

  1. So happy for you that you picked one of these up Tati!!  Aren't they fab :)  I'm hoping to get a few more but am waiting till the testers arrive so I can really check out the shades in person.  PS You took some great shots here of the packaging and applicator wand! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm absolutely in love with it! I hope you find a shade you like! And thank you so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh it looks lovely! I've been eying Rose Vinyl for my next GS. Thanks for sharing with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you've said it all, love it! i havent purchased it yet (waiting for same sale too haha) but i've tried it and fell in love with this color and fab applicator

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm, maybe when another 15% off at Sephora rolls around. The applicator is just like, the best thing ever, I probably sound like a crazy person but it's just plain fantastic. :P

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...