Sunday, April 29, 2012

MAC Bare Study vs. Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream in 13 Warm Beige Swatches & Comparison

When I swapped for my MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study (my first Paint Pot), I owned MUFE Aqua Cream in #13 at the time, and the first time I used it I noticed a startling similarity between the two. So when I got around to it, I figured I would do a swatch comparison. I finally did,  It turns out, they're really not that similar. Sorry for all the flipping back and forth of the two products, the pictures just turned out that way....=/

MUFE Aqua Cream in 13 on the left, MAC Bare Study Paint Pot on the right

MUFE Aqua Cream in 13 on the left, MAC Bare Study Paint Pot on the right

MAC Bare Study Paint Pot on the left, MUFE Aqua Cream in 13 on the right

Basically, the MUFE Aqua Cream is a lot warmer than the MAC Paint Pot - more bronzey-gold tones in it, whereas the MAC Paint Pot has more white-gold tones. It does figure, since the MUFE is called WARM Beige, haha. However, they're both fantastic products. I prefer the formula of the MUFE Aqua Cream a bit more since it's waterproof and doesn't crease nearly as fast on me. I have to use a primer under Paint Pots, or else they crease ridiculously by the end of the day, and noticeably after about 4 hours of wear (without primer). The MUFE Aqua Creams crease after maybe 6 hours, without a primer. However, the Aqua Cream isn't as blendable as the Paint Pot, and I prefer to use the Paint Pot as a base. They're both equally well pigmented and they're both great products, hope that was a helpful comparison!

2 comments:

  1. I have Warm Beige but not the paint pot - it's light for me and because it's so metallic it can be tricky to wear, but today I had it in the corners of my eyes and it looked pretty great!  Good to know Bare Study isn't similar, thanks Tati!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It can be a bit hard to wear it with such a metallic cast to it, glad you found a way to use it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...