Monday, February 13, 2012

Mid-February Favorites

Just thought I'd do a mid month favorites post, since I missed the end of the month and I'm really excited about these couple items right now. From now on, I will do mid month posts when I remember, and maybe even end/beginning months posts (again, only if I remember). I was hoping to do some FOTD posts last weekend, but unfortunately I was at a debate tournament and had pretty much no time. I also have a debate tournament this weekend, so there goes more opportunities to put on makeup (I wear extremely minimal makeup at debates, just very natural/subtle looks). Anyway, I've been really loving each of these items recently.



They are: Inglot Cream Concealer in #21, Inglot Pearl Eyeshadow #397, Inglot Pearl Eyeshadow #434, Lipstick Queen Lip Stain in Medieval, Inglot Gel liner in #90, AMC Lip Pencil in #24

From top to bottom: Lipstick Queen Lipstain in Medieval, Inglot AMC Lip Pencil in #24, Inglot Gel Liner in #90

Lipstick Queen Lipstain in Medieval
It's a sheer red lipstain (it appears pink in the picture, but it is red). This stays on throughout a meal and about 6 hours. It's just really easy to put on and head out the door, and it's not a super in your face color, and it easily makes you look put together. The color is buildable, and it's just really easy and fairly natural, depending on how much you apply. I wore this during my debate tournament, because it required about three seconds to apply it - so easy, and if you accidentally get some outside your lips, you can just wipe it off, no makeup remover required.

Inglot AMC Lip Pencil in #24
Awesome natural and totally matte color, great for every day. I did a full review on it here.

Inglot Gel Liner in #90
This liner is just amazing. I know I rave about pretty much all Inglot products, but I can't help it - I just love everything they make. Only one of my favorites is non-Inglot this month. And this liner is no exception to the rest of Inglot's high quality products. It's totally waterproof, applies smoothly, and packs some serious pigment. It stays on and doesn't transfer.

From top to bottom: Inglot Cream Concealer in #21, Inglot Pearl Eyeshadow #397, Inglot Pearl Eyeshadow #434

Inglot Cream Concealer in #21
Okay, when I visited the Inglot counter looking for a concealer I had serious doubts that I was going to find one that matched my skin, since I have yellow undertones. This one has yellow-ish undertones and is lighter than my Make Up Forever Full Cover Concealer in #7, which is too dark for my cheeks (it doesn't blend out and leaves a sort of dark spot). There were other concealer choices with neutral or pink undertones, but the neutral one looked ashy on my skin and the pink undertones one simply didn't work. This one covers any blemishes I might have (I don't use it for undereye circles), and blends in perfectly with my skintone.

Inglot Pearl Eyeshadow #397
This is the perfect allover lid shade to wake your eyes up or to use as an inner corner highlight - its shimmery but not glittery, and I use it in the inner corner extremely often. It's a light pinkish white color, and it's just gorgeous. Super easy to swipe on and go.

Inglot Pearl Eyeshadow #434
This shade is actually remarkably similar to NARS Lhasa, now that I think about it. I got it after I returned Lhasa, so I can't compare them side by side. But Lhasa was a shimmery lavender grey, and #434 is also a purpleish gunmetal grey color. Here's a picture of Lhasa on the right and #434 on the bottom. 

The lighting is different in both pictures, but in all honesty the shades are at least decently similar. I'll try to take a picture of #434 in daylight next time we have any, so the comparison will be clearer. Anyway, this can be used for your average grey eyeshadow purposes (crease, outer corner, etc.), but better. It's slightly purple, so it adds a hint of intriguing color. People will stare at your eyes for hours, trying to figure out if you're wearing purple or grey eyeshadow. Well, maybe not quite that dramatic, but it is definitely a fascinating and unique color. I'm thinking I might do a post on different ways to use a grey eyeshadow. Valentine's day is coming up tomorrow, I might try to do a look with pink eyeshadow (which I normally avoid since it often makes me look tired).

What are you currently loving mid-month? Are you planning any special makeup for Valentine's day?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...