Wednesday, June 13, 2012

June MyGlam Bag Review!

I'm still a MyGlam subscriber, and I got my Glam bag. I opened it and took pictures for you guys, and here's my review! Sorry it's late, I seemingly got my bag a couple days later than usual this month. Apologies for the lack of posts recently (finals, bleh), but it's summer now so I promise I'll be more active!


First off, MyGlam is still using these plastic packages (the gray splotches are the product of me editing out my address, just by the way). I really wish they would switch to recyclable cardboard boxes, like Birchbox.  It'd be much more eco friendly. Anyway, on to the contents of the bag!


There's some coupon type things from the Living Proof hair product line and philosophy, and there's a glitterbomb of a bag. The coupons aren't really worth much, just an offer of a discount set from the Living Proof line, and free shipping from philosophy. The bag is nice, it seems bigger than previous bags and I like the snap buckle as compared to the zip bags we got in the past.

The contents of the bag include:
-Marbella Permanent Eyeliner Pen in Black
-NYX Round Lipstick in Power
-Philosophy Take a Deep Breath Oil-Free Energizing Oxygen Cream Gel Moisturizer
-Living Proof frizz Nourishing Styling Cream

I'll go over the contents individually now, with a mini review for each!

Marbella Permanent Eyeliner Pen in Black:
This was actually awesome, since I actually don't own a liquid eyeliner. I've always been happy with my gel eyeliner, but it definitely doesn't hurt to have the option of liquid eyeliner as well. It's medium pigmented, not perfect but decent. I have to layer it to get a nice dark black line. Still, definitely a solid item in this month's bag!

(from top to bottom: one layer, two layers, three layers)

NYX Round Lipstick in Power:
These have gotten so many fantastic reviews! I was so excited to see this as part of this month's bag. I really like the color I got as well, it's a milky mauve pink, if that makes sense. This particular lipstick has a satin finish. It looks like a nude pink on me, since I'm a bit tanner than usual at the moment. It's super creamy and moisturizing, and I previously didn't own a nude lipstick. I was just so excited about this, definitely my favorite item from this month's bag! I at first thought it might be similar to Lancome's Love It! but when swatched, Power was much lighter, pinker, and milkier than Love It! which was much more mauve.
NYX Round Lipstick in Power
Power swatched
Love it on top, Power on bottom

Philosophy Take a Deep Breath Oil-Free Energizing Oxygen Cream Gel Moisturizer:
I personally don't really want skincare in my bag. I guess I'll use this when I travel. But I don't like Philosophy that much, their products have broken me out previously. I didn't really like receiving this in my Glam bag.


Living Proof frizz Nourishing Styling Cream:
I've always wanted to try a product from this line! I'm actually quite excited to give this a go, and the size of this is actually quite generous. I'm very happy with this particular product.


Overall, I pretty much loved this month's bag! A great combination of skincare, hair products (which I don't generally like, but this one I liked), and makeup! MyGlam really seems to be steadily improving their service, and I'm definitely going to stay a subscriber until next month!

2 comments:

  1. I am not so attracted to this subs:) i like birchbox better

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Birchbox does seem a lot more consistent. Hopefully MyGlam continues to improve, though!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...