Saturday, July 2, 2011

Review: Physicians' Formula Organic Wear Natural Origin Jumbo Mascara

So, I watch Youtube makeup videos. I watch a lot of them. And the other day, one of the beauty gurus I follow was absolutely RAVING about this mascara, the Physicians' Formula Organic Wear Natural Origin Jumbo Mascara (long name, sheesh). And I usually don't buy stuff from PF, because it's super expensive for drugstore stuff. I shop at drugstores for a reason, right? So this was my first PF purchase. I was really excited, because I had looked up the rating on Makeupalley (love that site to death!) and it got pretty decent reviews. So I splurged, I'm a little ashamed to say. And I bought it. Honestly, I liked it. It didn't give me dramatic definition or volume, but it didn't fail either. It gave me very defined lashes that don't exactly look natural, but are fairly long, especially after 2 coats, which is what I did.

If you want a natural look, just put on one coat - it defines your lashes without making them look like they have mascara on. I really liked how easily it came off when I washed my face. It also did not smudge during the day, or if it did, I couldn't see it. I loved the brush, it applied the mascara well. And the best part of all was that the mascara just really didn't clump. I think it was definitely partially due to the brush - I tried using a sample brush from Sephora to apply the mascara, and it clumped - not seriously, but a little. All in all, I found it to be a very good mascara. Definitely pricey for drugstore mascara, though. My complaints are that it really isn't very dramatic, and it requires 2 coats for anything beyond natural definition. The tube has also made me wonder if there's a straight tube within, or if the tube is squiggle shaped. The wand is straight, so I would assume the tube is too, but still. It makes you wonder. It also doesn't hold a curl, unfortunately. I wouldn't repurchase, because I have high end mascaras where I can just brush on a coat and have more dramatic results - I get my money's worth with those. Here's a picture I took of the PF mascara.




Here's a picture of my lashes before:








Here's a picture of my lashes after:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...